Thursday 28 July 2011

OSLO - Day 2

Today we enjoyed the Froskot in the Froskot room on level 4 of our hotel. The nougatti paste on toast was my favourite - it's like Nutella. Then we went around the corner to the National Gallery. We went straight to the Munch room. My favourite painting is "The Scream" - in Norwegian it's called "Shrik".  It's a abstract painting showing a scream of nature. You can see where Munch spilled wax across the painting. It's behind glass becasue it's worth a lot, it's a piece of history and becasue it was stolen a few years ago. We spent all morning in the gallery. Then we caught tram 17 to lyensgatta skol and walked to the Munch Museum. When Munch died he left all his paintings to the city of Oslo. I got a audio guide - which was on an I-Touch. It was good  and told mee a lot about the paintings. Mum  bought me a Scream T-Shirt :) There is another version of The Scream there - it isn't as big and doesn't have wax on it.  It has many of Munch's etchings too as  well as paintings. Then we walked back to the tram stop and went back to Sentral. We shopped at Magasinet and got some Norwegian products for my Pa. It started raininng - Dad went out and re-adjusted our flag in front of the cathedral. We saw it on BBC news tonight - as a victim was being interviewed. We had dinner at The OSLO hard Rock cafe after walking around the bomb site. When I saw the bombed building I felt terrible for the people who were in that building and all the buildings around it. It must been scary. The opened up the street in front of the building today. Lots of Norwegians laid flowers and walked past while we were there. It's 11.30 and the street lights have just gone on - it's still really light though and I'm still awake! I like OSLO becasue it's full of friendly people.

No comments:

Post a Comment